How to Define Your Brand Core Values
- Answer these questions:
- What are your personal values?
- What do you want your brand to stand for?
- Can you align your personal values with your brand values?
- How can you differentiate yourself from your competitors?
How to Define Your Brand Strategy
- Apply the 3 best practices in private labeling branding:
- Be Different
- Create an Emotional Connection
- Sharing is Caring
How to Choose Your Brand Name
- Go over the S.M.I.L.E. steps and come up with around 10 potential brand names
- Then go over the S.C.R.A.T.C.H. steps and scratch out any brand names that fall in one of the categories listed there. If that leaves you with an empty list, create a new list and do the exercise again. Only go to the next step after you have chosen a brand name
- Check the Amazon website and relevant trademark registers to make sure the name isn’t already taken
- Register a domain name that includes your brand name
How to Create a Color Scheme, Logo and Tagline
- Create a consistent color scheme, logo and tagline that defines your brand
If you remember, at the end of Module 3 – Choose Your Supplier we held off on ordering your first batch of inventory, so we could put some thought into how you can sell a differentiated, unique product.
We covered half of that in this Module on creating your brand. In the next Module, you’ll learn how you can make a difference through designing your labels and packaging.
See you there!
Now Let’s Learn How to Design Labels and Packaging!
Great job finishing up this fourth Module. Next up, we’ll show you everything you need to know in order to design your labels and packaging!